Pepper mouth should be my middle name! Sometimes after a long day I crave some dry peppery GEERA chicken with hot rice and some cucumbers on the side!
Usually when cooking geera chicken Trinidadians prefer to use chicken neck, back or any bony pieces. I am a fan of bony pieces of chicken to be honest. Chicken breast is usually a NO NO for me but that’s the only thing hubby eats so my freezer tends to have lotssss of chicken breast lol.
For his recipe I used chicken chunks. One thing I absolutely love in geera chicken is onions! Yum!…so here’s my recipe…my version of geera chicken😀🇹🇹
- 1 lb chicken chunks
- 2 finely chopped chadon beni leaves
- 2 cloves grated garlic
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 1 finely chopped hot pepper
- 1 tbsp J.G.M Products medium hot curry
- 1 tsp J.G.M Products amchar massala
- 2 tbsp J.G.M Products roasted geera
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Wash and season chicken chunks with chadon beni, garlic and salt.
- Add curry, amchar massala, 1 tsp of the GEERA and mix thoroughly. Set aside to marinate for roughly 1 hour (the longer the better though)
- Heat oil in pot over medium heat.
- Add chopped hot pepper and onions and sauté.
- Add seasoned chicken and water (enough to ensure the meat does not stick). Cook for approx. 3-4 mins.
- When the chicken is almost finished, add the rest of the geera. Mix thoroughly.
- I like a dry geera chicken so I usually let most of the water evaporate.
- TIME TO EAT! 😀