Macaroni pie is an absolute favorite in Trinidad and Tobago and even throughout the Caribbean! It’s usually enjoyed with callaloo, stew OR baked chicken….orrr simply with ketchup (yes…I like having my macaroni pie with some ketchup at times lol)
The ingredients are very easily accessible and anyone can make it.
Here is my easy recipe!
- 150g macaroni twists
- 1 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 tsp chopped pimento
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/4 tsp JGM PRODUCTS parsley
- 1/4 tsp JGM PRODUCTS ground chillies
- 1/4 tsp JGM PRODUCTS Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp JGM PRODUCTS paprika
- 1/4 tsp JGM PRODUCTS white pepper powder
- Boil macaroni according to the package instructions and set aside.
- Add all other ingredients (set aside 1/2 cup of the cheese which will be used later) to the cooked macaroni in a bowl and mix well.
- Grease a baking dish and pour all the mixed ingredients into it.
- Sprinkle the remaining grated cheese on top of the mixture in the dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 mins.
- Let it cool and then dig in!
- TIME TO EAT! 🙂
It’s a very straightforward recipe. I’ve seen some people use flour….heated the ingredients on a stove….pour the macaroni in the dish then the wet ingredients…various ways but this has worked for me… and hubby agrees that it is delish!
I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think. Also feel free to share your own recipe! I’d love to try it out. There is no perfect way when it comes to food. It’s all about your preferences….your likes and dislikes.
Thanks much for taking the time to read my blogpost. Be sure to follow me on the various social media platforms: