This vegetarian pasta dish is the ultimate flavor bomb! If you are looking for a delicious vegetarian meal you need to try this recipe!
SERVING: 4-5 persons
- 250g pasta (I used shells)
- 1 tin (15oz) black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 large pimento, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp JGM PRODUCTS cajun seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. I don’t add salt at this point.
- Heat oil in pot on low heat.
- Add onions, garlic and pimentos. Cook until the onions are tender. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add mushrooms. Cook for 1-2 mins until the mushrooms are properly cooked through.
- Add the black beans followed by the corn and mixed well.
- Add cajun seasoning, salt, cooked pasta and chopped tomatoes.
- Mix well to combine the ingredients.
- TIME TO EAT!
This is a super simple dish and ideal for you working mums and dads who are looking for fast dinner meals to prepare for the family. This can be enjoyed alone but if you are like my husband and need meat with your meals, try this pasta with my parmesan crusted chicken . Your mind will be blown with the combination of these flavors.
Check out the video here:
Thanks so much as always for stopping. Be sure to check out XTRA Foods in Trinidad for all your grocery shopping. All items used in this recipe can be purchased at their various locations.