Curried corn wasn’t something I was ever familiar with until one year for Divali. It was on the menu at my aunt’s house and I was so surprised and shocked to see ‘curry’ corn. As far as I knew, corn was just simply boiled or roasted.
That first taste of curry corn however, got me hooked!!! I absolutely love it and it’s so easy to make!
- 3 corn, cut into small pieces
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 tbsp green seasoning
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp JGM PRODUCTS black pepper
- 3 tbsp JGM PRODUCTS medium hot curry powder
- 1 tsp JGM PRODUCTS roasted geera
- Season corn with 2 tbsp green seasoning and set aside.
- Heat oil in pot and add onions. Cook until tender
- Add curry powder and geera.
- Cook on low heat until ‘toasted’. Add water to prevent from sticking.
- Add seasoned corn and mix well to coat with the curry mixture.
- Add 1 cup water and coconut milk. Cover pot and cook for 5 mins on medium heat.
- Add remaining water, salt and black pepper. Cover pot.
- Cook on low-medium heat for 25-30mins.
- Add remaining green seasoning when corn is finished cooking.
- TIME TO EAT!
The coconut milk is key to this recipe! That rich flavour will have you calling for more!
Check out the video here: