Curry Stew Chicken is one of those classic local dishes in Trinidad. It’s the perfect combination of curry and stew and I guarantee you will love it!
The recipe is pretty much simple.
SERVINGS: 6-7 persons
- 1 whole chicken, washed, cleaned and cut into small pieces
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp JGM PRODUCTS hot hot curry
- 1 1/2 tsp JGM PRODUCTS roasted geera
- 1 tsp JGM PRODUCTS amchar masala
- 1 tsp JGM PRODUCTS black pepper
- 4 tbsp green seasoning (combination of culantro, pepper, garlic and pimento)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp soy sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp oil
- Add 3 tbsp green seasoning, curry, geera, masala, onion, black pepper, salt, soy sauce and ketchup to chicken. Mix well and allow to marinate for as long as possible.
- If you are leaving it overnight in the refrigerator, allow the meat to come to room temperature when you are ready to cook it.
- Heat oil in pot and add sugar. Once the sugar begins to bubble and turns brown (can take roughly 2-3 mins), add the meat. Mix well to coat the pieces with the sugar.
- Cover pot and cook for 4-5 mins.
- Remove the cover and allow to cook until most of the water evaporates from the pot.
- Add just enough water to cover the meat and with the cover off, cook for roughly 20-25 mins or until most of the water is gone. A few minutes before you are ready to turn off the stove, add the remaining green seasoning and mix well.
- Serve with rice or roti!
- TIME TO EAT!
Check out the video here:
This dish is so packed with flavor! You will enjoy it! Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Thanks for stopping by and be sure to follow me on Instagram to keep updated with my daily food adventures!