Butter Mushroom with Basmati Rice or Naan… this delightful veggie meal is an easy lunch or dinner idea!
2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 cup tomato purée (I use the canned purée)
1/2 cup heavy/cooking cream
1 tsp @flavouredbyjennag garam masala
4 cloves garlic
Ginger (as much as you like)
1 small onion
3 tbsp butter
1-2 tbsp @chosenfoods avocado oil
Salt to taste
- Add garlic, onion, ginger to a mini chopper and chop/mince.
- Sauté chopped onion, garlic and ginger in avocado oil and 2 tbsp butter.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes on low heat.
- Add tomatoe purée, garam masala, heavy cream, salt, 1 tbsp butter and chili powder. Stir well
- Cover pan and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- If you are adding fish, season it lightly with pepper, salt and garam masala then add the pieces last to the pan.
- Serve with basmati rice.
Check out the video here: https://youtu.be/iYShWTYIg2g