This Chinese dish is one of my favorites, so I hope you enjoy!
- 1 lb shrimp (clean/devein with shell on)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 large onion
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup sweet pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 pimento, chopped
- 1 hot pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves grated garlic, grated
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp JGM PRODUCTS Chinese Seasoning (can be adjusted)
- 1/2 tsp JGM PRODUCTS cayenne pepper (can be adjusted)
- 1/4 cup water (approx)
- 1/2 tsp corn starch mixed with a tbsp of water
- Chives, chopped to garnish
- Pimentos, sliced to garnish
- Season shrimp with cayenne pepper and Chinese seasoning. Mix well and set aside.
- Sautee hot pepper, grated garlic, ginger and pimentos in avocado oil in pan/wok on medium flame.
- Add carrots, sweet peppers and onion. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add ketchup, sesame oil, oyster sauce and water
- Cover pot and let it simmer for roughly 2 mins
- Add seasoned shrimp.
- Cover pot and cook on medium heat for 2-3 mins
- Taste and add more Chinese seasoning if necessary. Add sliced pimentos and chopped chives.
- TIME TO EAT!
Check out the video here: