Pakora is an Indian fried snack/fritter and made using 2 or 3 of the following ingredients- eggplant, potato, onion, spinach, cauliflower and combining them with a variety of Indian spices, gram flour and then frying.
- 1 1/2 cups gram flour or chick peas flour
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and grated
- culantro, finely chopped (as much as you liked)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp JGM Products roasted geera
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp salt (can be adjusted)
- 1 pimento/chili, thinly chopped
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Combine all ingredients except the water and gram flour in a bowl.
- Using your hands, mix everything well to ensure all the ingredients are properly incorporated.
- Squeeze all the ingredients with your hands to release any moisture. Set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the gram flour and mix well to combine with the other ingredients. At this point, you will notice more veggies than flour. That’s perfect. In this step, you should be able to squeeze a handful together and it should hold together.
- If it does not, add a little water until they can hold together when you flatten them into their shapes to fry.
- Heat oil in pot. Once the oil is hot, carefully place the pakoras. Do not over crowd the pot.
- Fry for a few minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauce.
check out the video here:
One Comment Add yours