- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 gloves garlic, grated
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 water (approx.)
GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE:
- 3-4 tbsp melted butter
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, grated
- chopped cilantro or chadon beni (culantro)
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder and garlic. Mix well
- Add yogurt and vegetable oil followed by water.
- Knead into a soft dough.
- Coat with oil and set aside to rest for 1 1/2 hours approx.
- Combine all ingredients listed below ‘GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE’. Set aside.
- Break dough into 2 pieces and roll each one out. Do not roll them too thin or thick.
- Place onto a pan or tawa over medium heat.
- Coat with the garlic butter sauce. Once you see bubbles forming, flip onto the other side and coat with the garlic butter. Leave it on the heat for 1-2 minutes. There should be some ‘dark spots formed’. If not, increase heat if necessary. Flip on the other side one more time just for a few seconds to cook with the garlic butter on it.
- Serve with your favorite tikka masala or any other dish.
Check out the video here: