MY absolute favorite meal would be dhal rice smoked herring and tomatoes… this would be my 2nd fav!
And don’t forget the hot pepper, Kuchela and cucumbers with it! 😀😀😀
Here is the recipe for bhagi:
- 1/2 bundle dasheen bush
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 tbsp chopped hot pepper
- 3 cloves grated garlic
- 1 slices tomato
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp JGM Products black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Saute onions, garlic, tomato and pepper in oil on medium heat.
- Add chopped dasheen bush, water, salt and black pepper.
- Reduce heat and cover pot.
- Cook until dasheen bush leaves are soft (add more water if necessary) and most of the water has evaporated.
- Using a hand blender, blend all ingredients.
- TIME TO EAT! 🙂