MY absolute favorite meal would be dhal rice smoked herring and tomatoes… this would be my 2nd fav!
And don’t forget the hot pepper, Kuchela and cucumbers with it! 😀😀😀
Here is the recipe for bhagi:
- 1 bundle dasheen bush
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 hot pepper, chopped (can be adjusted)
- 3 cloves grated garlic
- 1 pimento, chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- water (if necessary)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Saute onions, garlic, pimento and pepper in oil on low heat.
- Add chopped dasheen bush, salt and black pepper to the pot.
- Reduce heat to low and cover pot.
- Cook until dasheen bush leaves are soft (add a bit of water if necessary to prevent sticking). If there is too much water, remove cover and continue cooking until most of the water has evaporated.
- Using a hand blender, blend all ingredients until smooth.
- TIME TO EAT! 🙂
Check out the video here: