Do you have leftover rice on hand and are not sure what to do with it? One option is using it to make fried rice. For me though, I use it to make one of my absolute favorite ‘lazy man’ dishes called egg rice that takes less than 10 minutes to put together. ￼ It’s a very simple dish and I hope that you will love it as much as I do. This is one of my ‘comfort foods’.
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped￼
- 1 finely chopped pimento
- 1 finely chopped hot pepper (or as you like)
- 2 cloves grated garlic
- 3 eggs
- JGM Products all purpose seasoning (as needed)
- Whisk eggs in a bowl.
- Heat oil in pan on medium heat.
- Sauté onions, garlic, hot pepper, pimento.
- Add eggs and cook until they are almost fully cooked.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well.
- Cook until the eggs are all fully cooked through.
- Taste and adjust the salt level by adding some of the all purpose seasoning.
- TIME TO EAT! 🙂
- Although measurements were provided, this recipe can be adjusted to your liking. I personally love to include a lot of hot pepper when I am making it. The idea of hot rice and hot pepper is perfection for me. ￼
- You can also include vegetables if you like such as tomatoes mushrooms or even Sweet peppers but I prefer to keep it simple with the onions only as the star of the dish apart from the eggs.￼
- The all purpose seasoning contains salt so be mindful of this when adding it to the pan since the cooked rice will more than likely already have salt in it.￼