It’s Friday evening and you are looking for a quick snack for the family move night??? Caramel popcorn is just the right thing for you! It’s a super delicious sweet tooth ‘munchie’ that is guaranteed to satisfy the family! The ingredients are pretty simple and straight forward and the only thing that takes time is the baking part of it but it’s definitely worth it!
- 1 pack microwaveable popcorn
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- Pop popcorn according to the package instructions. Empty into a bowl and set aside.
- In a saucepan, add butter, sugar, salt and maple syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir occasionally.
- Cook for roughly 5 mins. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla essence and baking soda. Stir.
- Pour over the popcorn and mix /stir well to ensure all the popcorn are coated.
- Spread onto a baking sheet and bake for 250 degrees for 45 mins. Every 15 mins, remove from the oven and stir.
- Once it’s finished baking, cool properly.
- Time to enjoy!
Note: If not handled with proper care, you can get burnt with the caramel sauce so be very careful. Also, you can add nuts and/or chocolate chunks to the recipe as well for some extra flavors.
WARNING: Be prepared to have your kitchen/kitchen filled with the yummy caramel aromas! You’ll love it!
Caramel is one my favorite snacks so I hope you try it out and let me know what you think.
Check out the video here (be sure to subscribe to my channel):
The butter and popcorn used in this recipe are available at Xtra Foods (Trinidad) so be sure to check them out! You can purchase baking sheets like the one I used in the video from Super Suppliers (Trinidad)
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram to keep updated with all my daily food activities.
Thanks so much as always for stopping by my blog. Look out for more blog posts soon.