- 1 cup dried pigeon peas, soaked and pressure cooked
- 2 pimento, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- hot pepper
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1/4 cup pumpkin, sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp chadon beni, finely chopped (1/2tbsp to be used at the end)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- water (as much as you need)
- 1 1/4 tsp JGM Products MSG FREE all purpose seasoning
- 1/2 tsp JGM Products paprika
- Heat oil in pot. Add sugar.
- Once the sugar starts to caramelize, add the pigeon peas. Stir well.
- Add all other ingredients except the golden ray and 1/2 tbsp chopped chadon beni.
- Cover pot and simmer on low heat for 30-40mins. Check the pot ever so often and add more water if needed.
- When the peas are nice and tender, add the remaining chadon beni and golden ray. Leave the pot cover off, increase heat and cook until the sauce has thickened and most of the water has evaporated.
- TIME TO EAT!
Check out the video here:
One Comment Add yours