- 6-8 oz Chow Mein noodles
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 large pimento, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 1/2 cup sweet peppers, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp JGM PRODUCTS Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp JGM PRODUCTS Cayenne pepper (can be adjusted)
- JGM PRODUCTS Chinese seasoning (use to your liking as it contains salt)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Boil noodles until 3/4 way cooked through (i.e. don’t cook it fully). No salt is needed in this step. Once finished, set aside.
- Season chicken strips with cayenne pepper, Chinese seasoning and garlic powder. Set aside for a few minutes.
- Combine water, sesame oil, soy sauce and oyster sauce in a bowl. Mix well and set aside. This will be used later in step 7.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan/wok over low/medium heat. Add chicken and cook for a few minutes (2-3 mins depending on the thickness).
- Add onions, garlic, ginger, pimento to the pot/wok. Cook for 1-2 mins or until onions are tender
- Add veggies. Cook until they are to your liking (in terms of crunchiness of veggies).
- Add the noodles followed by the sauce made in step 3. Mix well
- Taste and add Chinese seasoning as you like. This has salt so add and adjust to your preference.
- TIME TO ENJOY YOUR CHICKEN LO MEIN!
Video can seen here: