- 1 pack multigrain Crix (30 crackers)
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 large carrot
- 2 eggs
- Oil for frying (if necessary)
JGM PRODUCT DRIED SEASONINGS:
- All Purpose Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Crix is a biscuit/cracker found in Trinidad. It can be used as a substitute for breadcrumbs. If you do not have Crix available, you can use any water crackers.
- The seasonings listed above can be adjusted and used according to your own taste.
- All Purpose seasoning used in this recipe contains salt. Be mindful of this when adding to the dish.
- Add crackers to a food processor. Process until all are crushed.
- Grate carrots and potatoes.
- Using your hands, squeeze the grated carrots and potatoes to remove any extra water. Remove as much moisture as possible.
- Combine grated potatoes and carrots with the egg, crushed crackers or breadcrumbs and seasonings. Ensure all ingredients are properly incorporated.
- Shape/form into patties (approx. 1/2 inch thickness). You can determine the size of each patty.
- Fry on each side for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. You can also grill the patties instead of frying.
- ENJOY your potato and carrot hash cakes.
Video can be seen here: