Fried fish is one of my favorites especially with dhal and rice but it’s also a delightful snack/finger food that can be enjoyed at any event! This recipe uses CINNAMON powder from JGM Products, a manufacturer and distributor of seasonings/spices in Trinidad and Tobago, as one of the spices. Cinnamon in fried fish?? Yes….you will love it!
- 1.5 lb. catfish, cleaned, washed and cut into chunks
- 4 tbsp. JGM Products Cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp JGM Products cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp JGM Products cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp JGM Products garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup fine cornmeal
- salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Combine cajun seasoning, cinnamon powder, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and salt. Mix well. Set aside.
- Combine flour, cornmeal and 2 tbsp of the dry seasoning mix that was made in step 1. Mix well.
- Whisk egg then add the remaining dry seasoning mix. Whisk well.
- Add to the fish and ensure all pieces are properly coated.
- Coat all pieces with the flour/cornmeal mixture.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Enjoy with a garlic sauce or even my favorite, dhal and rice.
I hope you give this recipe a try! Add that cinnamon for extra dimension of flavor in your dish! Thanks for stopping by!
If you would like to support this website and send a donation towards its continued growth, here’s your chance! This contribution will be used directly for producing content/videos for upcoming recipes that you’ll be sure to enjoy. Your donation towards this website’s content is very much appreciated.