- 1 cup split peas
- 3 cup water
- 1 chopped pimento
- 2 cloves grated garlic
- 1 clove garlic (cut into small chunks)
- 1 chadon beni leaf
- 1 tbsp chopped hot pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp JGM Products black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp JGM Products saffron powder
- 3 tbsp oil
- Add split peas, onion, grated garlic, pimento, pepper, salt, black pepper, chadon beni, water and saffron powder to a pot on medium heat.
- Cook until the peas are soft (roughly 20-25 mins)
- Remove from heat.
- Blend all ingredients together using a hand blender.
- Place oil and chopped garlic in a small pan or kalchul and heat until garlic turns brown.
- Carefully add the hot oil and garlic to the blended mixture. (Be very careful as the oil can splatter and cause bad burns).
- Mix well.
- TIME TO EAT! 🙂