Here’s a fun and delicious way to use eggplant. This sweet and sour dish is a must try!
- 1 small eggplant
- 1/2 cup Corn Starch
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1/2 tsp JGM Products all purpose seasoning
- 1/2 tsp JGM Products garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp JGM Products cayenne pepper
- 1-2 tbsp Chosen Avocado Oil
- 1/2 cup Sweet and sour sauce (store bought)
- 1 small onion, cubed
- 1 small sweet pepper, cubed
- 2-3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 tsp ginger, grated
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Wash and cut eggplant in half and then into cubes.
- Add all purpose seasoning, garlic powder and cayenne pepper to the cubed eggplant. Mix well.
- Combine flour and corn starch. Mix well to ensure both are properly incorporated.
- Coat each piece of eggplant with the flour/corn starch mixture, then with the egg followed by the flour/corn starch again.
- Once all pieces have been coated, set them aside for a few minutes to ensure the coating stays on while you heat some oil in a pot.
- Once the oil is hot, add the coated pieces of eggplant and fry for a few minutes until golden brown.
- Once all are fried, set them aside on some paper towels.
- In a wok, heat some avocado oil over low/medium heat.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds then add the onions and sweet peppers. Cook for 1-2 mins.
- Add sweet and sour sauce and simmer for 1-2 minutes then add the fried eggplant and mix well to ensure all pieces are coated with the sauce.
- Garnish with freshly chopped chives!
- The measurements above can be adjusted depending on your taste preferences.
- The sweet and sour sauce was store bought (brand la choy I believe).
- If you don’t have corn starch, you can use flour only. You can also only use corn starch.