- 1/2 (10-12 leaves) bundle of dasheen bush, washed and chopped
- 2-3 gloves grated garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped pepper
- 1 whole pepper
- 2 leaves finely chopped chadon beni (culantro)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pumpkin
- 5 ochro, sliced
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- 3/4 tbsp salt
- 1/4 tbsp JGM Products black pepper
- 2 tbsp coconut powder combined with 2 cups of hot water
- Saute onions, pimento, pepper, garlic and chadon beni.
- Add 1 tbsp water to pot
- Add ochro. Cook for 1 minute
- Add chopped dasheen bush and pumpkin
- Add coconut milk
- Add salt and pepper
- Add whole pepper (to steam)
- Cover pot and cook until dasheen bush leaves and pumpkin are soft
- Remove from heat and place the whole pepper aside.
- Blend the ingredients using a hand blender until mixture is smooth.
- Use the steamed pepper to garnish (many people like myself enjoy eating the pepper with the meal)
- ….LET’S EAT!
check out the video here:
Subscribe to my YouTube channel for cooking videos: https://www.youtube.com/c/JennaGTheHijabiTT