- 1 1/2 lb chicken
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 4 leaves chadon beni (culantro) (finely chopped)
- 3 gloves garlic (grated)
- 1 pimento (finely chopped)
- 1 small hot pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 small onion (sliced)
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/4 tbsp JGM Products Black Pepper
- Add chadon beni, pimentos, garlic pepper, salt and black pepper to chicken.
- Place it in the refrigerator to marinate for half hour….to an hour.
- Remove from refrigerator when ready to use.
- Add tomatoes and onions.
- Heat oil in pot on medium heat
- Add brown sugar.
- Cook until the sugar has melted and turns golden brown. Stir occasionally.
- Add ketchup. Stir.
- Add seasoned chicken. (Be very careful as the sugar can splatter and cause serious burns)
- Coat each piece of chicken with the sugar/ketchup mixture.
- Cover pot and let simmer for 2-3 mins
- Remove lid. Add enough water to cover the chicken
- Cook on medium heat for 20-25 mins
- Add 1/2 tbsp golden ray butter (optional) just before it is finished cooking.
- TIME TO EAT!! 🙂
***NOTE: salt and black bepper can be added to the end depending on your taste and preference***