Chinese cuisine is one of my favorites… no doubt! This post is all about my recipe for vegetable lo mein, an easy and delightful dish.
- 200g chowmein noodles
- 1 cup sliced sweet peppers
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 cups cabbage
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 pimentos, chopped
- 3 cloves grated garlic
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- JGM Products cayenne pepper (optional)
- TAI Kong Fried Rice Seasoning (as you like)
- Place noodles in a pot of boiling water and boil according to package instructions. No salt is added in this step.
- Heat olive oil in skillet or wok over low/medium heat.
- Saute garlic, onions and pimentos.
- Add onions, carrots and sweet peppers. Cook until for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cabbage, sesame oil, oyster sauce, soy sauce, fried rice seasoning and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
- Cook until vegetables are to your liking in terms of crunchiness.
- Add cooked noodles and toss well to mix all ingredients together.
- Taste and adjust fried rice seasoning if more salt factor is needed.
- TIME TO EAT! 😀
- The fried rice seasoning contains salt so no additional salt is required.
- All ingredients and measurements listed above can be adjusted to your liking.
- If you wish to have a ‘saucy’ noodles, be sure to add more of the oyster sauce, sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Soy sauce will add a salt factor to the dish so ensure you add a little at a time.
- Any veggies can be used in this dish. I have even used pak choy (bok choy) and snow peas when preparing this.