It’s mango season again here in Trinidad and Tobago!!! What does that mean? MANGO CHOW of course!
We’ve got soooo many different types of mango on our beautiful! Some include julie, rose, starch….but I always choose julie for chow! the half ripe ones are the best!
It’s a simple recipe and totally dependent on the spice preference of each person. For me, it’s all about the pepper!!! Some people also include ketchup in their. It tastes awesome so it’s up to you if you want to be ‘adventurous’ lol
- 4 medium size julie mangoes (all half ripe or I prefer 3 half ripe and 1 ripe)
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8-10 chadon beni leaves, finely chopped
- 1 hot pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp JGM PRODUCTS black pepper
- Wash and peel mangoes then slice them.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients and mix well!
- TIME TO EAT!
Chow is that simple!!! Keep in mind that this recipe is based on my taste preferences. Some might prefer less salt and pepper so you can adjust accordingly. Also, if you don’t have hot peppers, feel free to use pepper sauce.
Check out the quick video here: