Imagine the smell of cinnamon throughout your house on a beautiful evening while you’re preparing dinner…. smells and feels good right? That’s the exact feeling I have when I’m baking banana nut bread.
Bananas are fruits almost everyone has in the kitchen and at some point in time, bananas remain on the counters longer than we anticipated right?. The good thing is that they don’t need to go to waste! There are quite a few ways to use over ripened bananas!
Banana Nut Bread is one of them! This recipe is so easy and does not involve any fancy and big kitchen appliances… grab a fork and spoon/spatula and you’re ready!
- 2-3 ripened bananas
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp JGM PRODUCTS cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Chocolate chips (none were used in the video but I suggest you add some😃)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a fork mash bananas in a bowl.
- Add butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla essence and cinnamon powder. Whisk until properly combined. I use a fork sometimes.
- Fold in flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add walnuts and and chocolate chips….properly fold into mixture.
- Add mixture to a greased bread pan (8″x4″ approx).
- Top with chocolate chips and nuts
- Bake for approximately 50-55 mins
- Remove and allow to cool then slice it.
- TIME TO EAT!
Super easy right!!?! You are going to love it!
Check out the video here:
NOTE: Bananas need to be ripe for this recipe… the darker the spots on them the richer the flavor of your bread! I actually waited until mine turned black!… fully black lol
Hope you give this recipe a try and share your thoughts! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and also subscribe to my YouTube Channel