Imagine the smell of cinnamon throughout your house on a beautiful evening while you’re preparing dinner…. smells and feels good right? That’s the exact feeling I have when I’m baking banana nut bread.
Bananas are fruits almost everyone has in the kitchen and at some point in time, bananas remain on the counters longer than we anticipated right?. The good thing is that they don’t need to go to waste! There are quite a few ways to use over ripened bananas!
Banana Nut Bread is one of them! This recipe is so easy and does not involve any fancy and big kitchen appliances… grab a fork and spoon/spatula and you’re ready!
- 2-3 ripened bananas
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp JGM PRODUCTS cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a fork mash bananas in a bowl.
- Add butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla essence. Whisk until properly combined.
- Fold in flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add walnuts and properly fold into mixture.
- Add mixture to a greased bread pan (8″x4″ approx).
- Bake for 55 mins
- Remove and allow to cool then slice it.
- TIME TO EAT!
Super easy right!!?! You are going to love it!
Check out the video here:
NOTE: Bananas need to be ripe for this recipe… the darker the spots on them the richer the flavor of your bread! I actually waited until mine turned black!… fully black lol