Trinis have such a wide variety of delicious breakfast items to choose from… roti, fried bake, doubles… just to name a few. Unfortunately these options may not be the healthiest of choices. I am a believer of moderation though so indulge in our yummy dishes but remember to include healthy choices as well.
One super easy, delightful and not to mention healthy meal idea is this apple cinnamon oatmeal!
- I cup old fashioned oats
- 1 Apple, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp JGM PRODUCTS cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Place milk, honey and water in a pan. Add chopped apple.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Add oats, salt and cinnamon.
- Cook for 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Allow to cool.
- Sprinkle walnuts and chia seeds and get ready to eat! (The toppings are optional)
This is a great healthy breakfast recipe for you to try for yourself and/or the kids! Hubby lovessss the smell in the house when I’m preparing this. You will love it as well! Hope you give it a try and send me some feedback.
Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube Channel