If you are looking something super sweet to satisfy your sweet tooth cravings, this cinnamon roll cake is PERFECT for you. It’s a simple recipe that’s easy to follow.
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour cake mix to a bowl. Add the eggs, 1 tsp vanilla essence, oil and sour cream.
- Mix on medium speed until everything is mixed together properly
- Add cake mixture to a greased 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon and pour on top of the cake mixture in the baking pan.
- Using a butter knife, make swirls throughout the cake ensuring that some of the sugar and cinnamon gets into the cake batter and not only on the surface.
- Bake for 30-35 mins or until toothpick comes out clear.
- Allow to cool for 15-20 mins.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the icing by mixing together the milk, icing sugar and remaining vanilla essence until smooth.
- Pour the icing over the cooled cake and it’s ready to be served!
Just to note: This is one of those very sweet but amazingggg desserts!
Depending on your tolerance for sugar, feel free to adjust the sugar and icing measurements. This recipe is definitely worth a try and it’s a simple dessert to put together and it will be perfect for any event you are hosting! Your family/friends will certainly enjoy it!
One of the things I love about this is the fact that I can use box cake mix!!! It really is SUPER easy!
Here is the video:
Also, all items used in this recipe can be purchased at XTRA Foods in Trinidad. Each month there are different items on special so be sure to check them out and don’t miss out!