Apple pie is one my hubby’s favorite things especially when it’s paired with custard! This apple pie recipe is a pretty simple one and bakes in less than an hour. The kids are sure to enjoy this!
- 5 apples (3 peeled and 2 unpeeled), sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp JGM PRODUCTS cinnamon
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Mix salt and flour in a bowl.
- Add milk and oil at the same time to the flour and salt. Mix well.
- Press the dough together to form a smooth ball. Cut into two and roll out one half just enough to fit along the bottom and edges of a 9″ pie baking pan.
- Set aside.
- To make the filling, combine the sliced apples with the sugar, cinnamon and flour. Mix well.
- Add to the pastry lined pan.
- Cut the margarine into small pieces and spread over the top of the apple mixture.
- Roll out the other half of dough and cut into strips.
- Place each strip along the top of the apples. Moisten the edges of the pastry dough so that it sticks easier to the pastry that we placed at the bottom and along the edges of the pan.
- Continue adding each strip until you have a nice cross cross pattern.
- Bake at 350 degrees for roughly 50 mins or until cooked/brown.
- TIME TO EAT!
NOTE: The other type of pastry that can be used to make apple pie is the one used to make my BAKED CHICKEN PIES . The one used in this recipe is more crumbly that the one used in the pies recipe. The choice is yours! 😀
Alsp, if the dough is too crumbly while rolling out, you can add more milk to make it easier to work with.
Check out the video here:
Thanks so much for stopping by! I do hope you give this dessert a try and let me know your thoughts! Also check out my CINNAMON ROLL CAKE recipe for some more sweetness!
Also, all items used in this recipe can be purchased at XTRA Foods in Trinidad. Each month there are different items on special so be sure to check them out and don’t miss out!