I love easy and quick meals sometimes especially a longgg day! Having items such as pasta sauce, canned mushrooms, corn etc makes it so easy to whip up a delish meal for the family.
This recipe is super easy and simple to follow… not to mention really delicious!
- 250g spaghetti
- 1 1/2 cup pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/4 cup sweet peppers, sliced
- 1/4 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp JGM Products Basil
- 1/2 tsp JGM Products MSG free All Purpose Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp JGM Products Cayenne Pepper
- 2 medium chicken breast, sliced in half to get 4 pieces
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp Spanish thyme
- 1 1/2 tbsp celery
(The Chicken can be seasoned lightly with paprika, garlic powder and all purpose seasoning)
- Cook pasta accordingly to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, you prepare the herbs and veggies. Finely chop the herbs and set aside.
- Cook the chicken on each side for 1-2 mins.
- When the pasta is finished, drain it and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add onions, garlic and other veggies. Cook until veggies are tender.
- Add pasta sauce followed by basil, cayenne pepper and all purpose seasoning.
- Simmer on medium heat for roughly 2 mins.
- Add cooked pasta and mix well.
- On a plate add pasta, place chicken breast on top, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garnish with fresh parsley.
- TIME TO EAT!
Some points to note:
No salt was added while the pasta was boiling as the all purpose seasoning contains salt. Also, you can adjust the measurements of the veggies used as well as the herb depending on your liking. Some persons don’t like the rosemary etc but the more fresh herbs in pasta the more delicious it is in my opinion.
This meal is so easy to put together. Having chicken or any meat that’s parceled out makes it even easier. On weekends, get in the habit of cleaning and parceling meat into smaller portions.
Here is a quick video on how I put together this meal:
As usual, thanks so much for stopping by! Be sure to try this easy dish and let me know what you think! 😀