In Trinidad, when we think about or hear the word ‘eggplant’ (more popularly called bhaigan) it’s usually bhaigan choka or curry bhaigan and aloo (potato) that comes to mind but this different way of preparing the bhaigan is actually pretty delicious!
Eggplant pizza is a yummy snack or side dish that the family will be sure to enjoy!
Here is the recipe:
- 1 medium sized eggplant, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 tsp JGM PRODUCTS msg free complete seasoning
- 1 tsp JGM PRODUCTS garlic powder
- 2 tsp JGM PRODUCTS oregano
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- spaghetti sauce or tomato paste
- spinach leaves
- tomato, cut into small pieces
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Coat each side of eggplant slices.
- Place on a greased baking tray.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 – 20 mins
- Remove from oven and flip each slice.
- Coat with tomato paste or spaghetti sauce, top with veggies and cheese.
- Bake for a further 10 mins or until the cheese is nicely melted.
- TIME TO EAT!
You can use just about any veggies and cheese you prefer. You can also bake the eggplant slices for a little longer if they aren’t as firm as you would like.
Check out the video here:
Thanks so much for stopping by and be sure to try this amazing easy and healthy dish!