Curry channa and aloo/potato is a delicious dish that everyone loves!
Here is the recipe:
- 3 medium size potatoes, cleaned, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas/channa (you can use tin chickpeas as well)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- hot pepper
- 2-3 curry leaves
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp green seasoning (combination or garlic, chadon beni and pimento)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp JGM PRODUCTS hot hot curry
- 1/2 tbsp JGM PRODUCTS roasted geera
- Heat oil in pot over low heat.
- Add onions, curry leaves and pepper. Cook until onions are tender
- Add curry and geera. Toast until grainy and the mixture darkens. Add some water to prevent burning and sticking.
- Add potato and chickpeas and mix well to coat with the curry mixture.
- Add water and cover.
- Cook on medium heat for approx 10-15 mins. Be sure to check on it in between and add water to prevent burning/sticking.
- Remove pot cover, add salt, green seasoning and cook until the potatoes and chickpeas are fully cooked through and tender.
- TIME TO EAT!
I don’t usually like chunks of potato so I use the spoon and cut the potatoes into smaller pieces. This also helps thicken up the sauce.
Check out the video here:
Hope you guys give this a try! It’s goes amazingly well with dhal and rice or roti!