6-7 mini potato pies
6-7 mini chicken pies
- Oil for frying
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup water (approx.)
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1/2 tsp JGM PRODUCTS roasted geera
- 3 tbsp green seasoning
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 leg and thigh
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 2-3 culantro (chadon beni) leaves
- 1 pimento (flavor pepper)
- hot pepper (optional)
- 1/4 tsp JGM PRODUCTS roasted geera (can be adjusted)
- JGM PRODUCTS MSG free all purpose seasoning (contains salt)
- Green seasoning is a combination of garlic, pepper/pimento, culantro (chadon beni) and/or other fresh herbs.
- All purpose seasoning used in this recipe contains salt. Add accordingly to your preference.
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder. Add water and knead into a soft dough. Cover with a damp cloth. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Peel and cut potatoes into chunks. Boil until soft.
- Remove from heat and crush potatoes until smooth. Add the green seasoning, geera and salt. Mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- Boil chicken. No salt is needed in this step. Once cooked, shred chicken and add to a food processor along with the other ingredients listed below ‘CHICKEN FILLING’.
- Process until all ingredients are combined and there are no chunks of chicken.
- Roll dough into a large circle. Using a cookie cutter or bowl/glass, cut into circles.
- Add potato filling to the centre of each circle piece of dough. Fold in half to form a semi circle. Using your fingers or fork, ensure the edges are properly sealed.
- Repeat step 7 using the chicken filling.
- Fry all pies until golden brown on each side. Usually takes 1-2 minutes total.
- Enjoy your pies with homemade chutney.