This condiment is a favorite with fried snacks in Trinidad. It’s a pretty simple and easy recipe to follow and takes no time at all to make.
- 1 1/2 lb (approx 15-20) small pommecythere
- 1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 6-7 chadon beni/culantro leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- hot pepper (as you like)
- salt to taste
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup water (approx)
- Properly wash, peel and slice pommecythere.
- Add the slices along with all other ingredients listed above to a food blender.
- Blend until properly incorporated and mixture is almost smooth.
- Taste and adjust salt and sugar if necessary.