Alfredo is one of my favorite types of pasta. Add in some fresh mushrooms and it’s a plate of heaven!
Here is my easy recipe.
- 200g linguine (or any pasta you like)
- 1 1/2 cups cooking cream
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, grated
- 2 pimentos , chopped
- 1/2 tsp JGM Products All purpose seasoning (or use to your liking)
- 1/2 tsp JGM Products paprika
- 1/2 tsp JGM Products garlic powder
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 chicken breast, deboned and sliced into thin strips
- Spinach leaves (as much as you like)
- 5-6 fresh portobello Mushrooms
- Parmesan cheese (as much as you like)
- Chopped chives or fresh parsley for garnishing
- Add all purpose seasoning, paprika and garlic powder to the chicken. Mix well and set aside.
- Add linguine to a pot of boiling water with a pinch of salt. Cook according the package instructions.
- Once cooked, remove from the water and set aside.
- In another pot, add butter over low/medium heat.
- When the butter is melted, add the chicken pieces followed by the onions, pimentos and mushrooms.
- Cook until the chicken is almost cooked through (doesn’t have to be fully cooked through at this point). It should be 3/4 way cooked through.
- Add the cooking cream and evaporated milk. Mix well and then add in the Parmesan cheese. Cook for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add spinach leaves followed by the cooked linguine. Mix well.
- Taste and adjust salt if needed. The all purpose seasoning contains salt so if more salt is needed you can add more of the all purpose seasoning.
- Garnish with chopped chives or parsley.
Check out the video here: