Chicken kebabs are a favorite especially middle eastern inspired kebabs which are packed with some intense flavors. The key to delicious and juicy chicken kebabs is the marinade!…a yogurt marinade to be specific.
Here is my easy recipe to follow along with.
YIELD: 6 kebabs (8inch sticks)
- 3 chicken breasts, de-boned and cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 3-4 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp salt (can be adjusted)
- 1 tsp JGM Products roasted geera or cumin
- 1 tsp JGM Products paprika
- 1 tsp JGM Products ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp JGM Products ground chilies (can be adjusted)
- 1/2 tsp JGM Products black pepper
- 2 small onions or 1 large onion
- 6 skewer sticks
- Combine all ingredients listed below ‘FOR CHICKEN’. Mix well to ensure all chicken pieces are properly coated with the yogurt and spices.
- Set aside to marinate for as long as possible (minimum of 1 hour).
- Cut onion into chunks.
- Add onion chunks and chicken pieces to the skewer sticks.
- Grill over medium heat until the chicken is properly cooked through (roughly 3-4 minutes on each side).
- The spices used can be adjusted to your preference. You can also add or eliminate whichever you like.
- The onion/chicken can be placed in any order on the skewer sticks. You can also add as many as you like depending on the size of the sticks you have.
- The cook time will vary depending on the size of the chicken pieces. Try to cut all pieces equal size.