Some would say fish and dairy is a NO NO but to me…it’s a delicious combo! In this recipe, I am using yogurt and spices to marinate the whole fish! Simple and flavorful.
- 1 1/2 – 2 lb whole snapper, properly cleaned
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp grated ginger
- 4-5 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tsp JGM Products geera or cumin
- 1 tsp JGM Products ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp JGM Products black pepper
- 1/2 tsp JGM Products cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 3-4 cardamom seeds
- 1/2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 5-6 JGM Products whole cloves
- Fresh rosemary
- Make slits along each side of the fish
- Add all ingredients listed below ‘FOR MARINADE’ to the fish. Rub generously on the fish, inside and out to ensure the entire thing is covered with the spices and yogurt.
- Add the ingredients listed below ‘OTHER’ to the inside of the fish (stuffing for the fish).
- Place the fish on a tray lined with foil and greased. Cover and let it marinate for as long as possible.
- When ready to bake, remove from the fridge and let it come to room temperature.
- Bake for 40-50 mins approx (time will vary depending on the size of the fish) at 375 degrees uncovered.
- Serve with your favorite sides.
NOTE: You can use any whole fish you have available. You can also adjust the spices to your liking.
This fish dish is a MUST try! Give it a try and let me know what you think! Thanks for stopping by.