YIELD: 6-17 cupcake size cheesecakes
4 pks digestive biscuits/any cookie
4 tbsp margarine, melted
16oz cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tsp vanilla essence
1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Strawberry topping (or any that you like)
- Add cookies/biscuits to a food processor. Process until they turn into fine crumbs. Empty in the crumbs into a bowl.
- Add the melted margarine to the bowl and mix well.
- Add cupcake liners to a baking tray. Add approx 1 tbsp of the crumbs/margarine mixture to the cupcake liner.
- Using your fingers, press the crumbs firmly together to form the crust at the bottom of the liner.
- Add cream cheese to a mixing bowl. Mix/Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar, sour cream, vanilla essence to the cream cheese. Mix well.
- Add eggs in one at a time. Beat until the mixture is smooth.
- Fill each cupcake liner 3/4 way with the cheesecake mixture.
- Place baking tray in a water bath.
- Bake at 350 for approx 30 minutes. The cheesecakes should ideally feeling slightly bouncy when you touch it after roughly 30 minutes.
- Allow the cheesecakes to cool then top with your favorite topping.
- The water bath is important to prevent the cheesecakes from cracking.
- If you don’t have sour cream, you can actually eliminate it.