Stew! One of my favorite ways to cook chicken, lamb and beef. Trini style stew is amazing!!! Here is my recipe. You can use this recipe for chicken or lamb as well.
- 1 lb beef, cleaned and cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp green seasoning (or as much as you like)
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp mustard
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp JGM Products all purpose seasoning
- 1/2 tsp JGM Products paprika
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Green Seasoning
- Add tomato, onion, mustard, all purpose seasoning, paprika and green seasoning to the beef. Mix well and let it marinate for as long as you can.
- When ready to cook, .add oil to a pot over low/medium heat. Add the sugar. Stir until it thickens and looks like cake batter mixture and has a nice brown color.
- Add the ketchup. Give it a quick stir and then add the seasoned beef.
- Mix well to coat the pieces with the sugar and ketchup mixture.
- Increase the heat and cook for 5-10 minutes. At this point the meat will spring its own water. You want most of that liquid to evaporate.
- Once most of the water is gone, add enough water to cover the meat..
- Reduce the heat and cover the pot. Cook until the meat is tender. Keep checking on it every couple of minutes to ensure the meat is not sticking and add water as needed. In this step, you have the option to use a pressure cooker to speed up the cook time.
- When it’s almost finished cooking and there is enough sauce/gravy to your liking, taste and adjust for salt (the all purpose seasoning contains salt so you can add that). You can also add a bit more of the green seasoning to finish off. Stir it in well.
- TIME TO ENJOY YOUR STEW BEEF!
If you haven’t tried a Trini style stew, give this a try and send me pics via email or Instagram! Thanks so much for stopping by.
Check out the video here: