Pasta is something that I enjoy quite a lot! We can put together some of the most delicious pasta meals by simply using ingredients that we have at home. Today it’s all about shrimp and pak choy, the main stars of this dish, as I show you this delightful pasta recipe.
YIELD: 2-3 servings
- 15 medium size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 heads pak choy, chopped
- 200g linguine
- 3-4 cloves garlic, grated
- 3 pimentos, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 2-3 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4-5 curry leaves (optional)
- Chili flakes (optional)
- JGM Products Chinese Seasoning (as you like)
- JGM Products cayenne pepper (as you like)
- Add linguine to a pot of boiling water along with a pinch of salt and a few drops of olive oil. Cook according to package instructions. When finished cooking, remove from water and set aside.
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper and Chinese seasoning to the shrimp. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in wok over low/medium heat.
- Sauté garlic, curry leaves and onions. Add 1 tbsp. sesame oil and mix well.
- Add shrimp and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add pak choy followed by pimentos, oyster sauce and 1-2 tbsp. of sesame oil. Mix well and cook on low/medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until pak choy melts down.
- Add cooked linguine, cayenne pepper, chili flakes and Chinese seasoning to your liking.
- Mix well.
- Enjoy you shrimp and pak choy pasta.
- I chose linguine as I prefer that type and fettuccine but you can use any type of pasta you like.
- This recipe uses simple ingredients that all can be adjusted to your preference. There is no measurements for the cayenne pepper, Chinese seasoning and chili flakes as they can be added according to your taste preferences.
- The Chinese seasoning contains salt so no additional salt is required.
- You can add more shrimp if you like but be sure to adjust the other ingredients accordingly if you do add more shrimp.
- The curry leaves used are TOTALLY optional. I have just been loving using curry leaves in almost everything I cook recently. If you don’t have them, don’t worry about it.
Check out the video here:
This easy and simple pasta uses very few ingredients but is packed with great flavors. If you don’t eat shrimp, feel free to replace it with chicken or any other meat you prefer. I hope you give this a try and let me know what you think. You can reach me on Instagram or Facebook