Mushrooms are one of my favoriteeee! There are many different types of mushrooms…portobella, shiitake, white button, cremini just to name a few.
They bring great nutritional value to your diet as they contain antioxidants, vitamins B and D. Cooking mushrooms is simple and there are actually a few ways it can be done.. whether you enjoy them roasted, grilled, stir fried or stuffed, have fun with them!
Today I decided to include them in my rice dish….a spicy mushroom rice! Here is the recipe:
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms (I used white button today)
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 finely chopped pimento
- 3 cloves grated garlic
- 1 tbsp golden ray butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp JGM Products cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp JGM Products all purpose seasoning
- Heat pan over low- medium heat.
- Add golden ray butter. Let it melt and then add garlic, pimento and mushrooms,
- Add olive oil and cook for 1-2 mins covered on low heat. Stir occasionally.
- Remove lid…add cayenne pepper, all purpose seasoning and sriracha sauce. Stir.
- Add cooked rice and mix well.
- TIME TO EAT! 😀