How many times have you been confused or uncertain as to what to cook? As much as I love to cook, I sometimes run out of ideas or at times just look for the easiest of recipes to try.
Today I took both chicken and shrimp from the freezer to thaw out til I decided what to prepare. I opened the pantry and there was a pack a ramen noodles that was just staring me in the face! And inmediately a light bulb when on in my head! Why not make some chicken noodles?!?? But I wanted to go a step further so why not grab some cilantro and sesame oil to put together a Cilantro Sesame Chicken Ramen Noodles!?
COOKING TIME: 10 mins
- 1 pack ramen noodles
- 1/4 lb chicken strips
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 pimento, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/3 sweet pepper, sliced
- 1/2 tbsp cilantro
- 1/2 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp JGM PRODUCTS Chinese Seasoning
These were some pretty simple ingredients right? Here is my simple method
- Clean and season chicken with 1/3 tsp of the Chinese seasoning and set aside.
- Place ramen noodles in boiling water and cook until the noodles are half way cooked through. Remove from the water and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Melt butter and add chopped garlic, pimentos and onions. Stir constantly and cook until the onions are soft.
- Add chicken strips and sweet peppers. Cook for roughly 2-3 mins until the chicken strips are cooked through.
- Add noodles, Chinese seasoning, cilantro and pepper flakes. Mix well to properly coat all the noodles. At this point, the heat will allow the noodles to be cooked through completely.
- Serve immediately.
- TIME TO EAT!😀
I guarantee you are gonna love this! If you prefer less spice, you can reduce the amount of pepper flakes. This was such an easy meal to prepare! It’s absolutely perfect if you are pressed for time.
I chose to use sweet peppers and onions only but you can add as many vegetables as you like.
One of the joys in cooking is being able to experiment with different flavors and ingredients.
If you have any ideas on how this recipe can be adjusted to make it even better feel free to leave me a comment.
I do hope you give this a try though and let me know your thoughts!
Have fun and enjoy everyone and remember to never let the food adventures stop! 😀