I decided to travel around the world in my very own kitchen today and experiment with some middle eastern kebabs…. lol. I actually was randomly googling various recipes to get an idea of what to cook and came across a middle eastern twist idea… so I gathered all the ingredients and decided to give it a try…
SERVINGS: 5 kebabs
- 1 lb chicken, cut into chunks ( I was able to get roughly 29 pieces)
- 5 skewer sticks
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 tsp pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp JGM Products paprika
- 1/2 tsp JGM Products ginger
- 1/2 tsp JGM Products cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp JGM Products roasted geera
- Cilantro or parsley to garnish
- 1/2 lime, juice from
This was a very simple prep but it requires some marinating time…
- In a bowl, combine yogurt, garlic, geera, cinnamon, paprika, pepper flakes, salt, lime juice, ginger to form the marinade.
- Arrange the chicken chunks and onion wedges onto the skewer sticks (one piece of chicken followed by onion wedge and continue until you have roughly 6 pieces of chicken on each skewer)
- Place all the skewers on a tray and rub the marinade on each side of the skewers ensuring all the meat and onion wedges are properly coated.
- Refrigerate and allow to marinate overnight if possible.
- Remove the skewers from the refrigerator roughly half hour before ready to grill.
- Heat grill to medium/high and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place all skewers on the grill. Cook on each side until golden brown.
- Garnish with some cilantro or parsley.
- TIME TO EAT! 😀