With Divali approaching, I’ve decided to include some vegetarian dishes for you guys! Here’s a delicious and simple curry dish that you will be sure to enjoy!
This Divali be sure to use JGM Products line of curry, masala and geera to give your meals guaranteed flavor!
Here is my easy curry soya chunks with potato recipe….
- 1 cup soya chunks
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 tbsp JGM PRODUCTS light curry
- 1/2 tsp JGM PRODUCTS curry (to season the chunks with)
- 1 tsp JGM PRODUCTS roasted geera
- 1/2 tsp JGM PRODUCTS amchar masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp JGM PRODUCTS black pepper
- 1 small onions, sliced
- 1 pimento, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp green seasoning (combination of garlic, thyme, chadon beni (culantro), pepper)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tbsp coconut powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Soak soya chunks in water for 20 mins. (You can soak it for any amount of time as they will not get soggy)
- Squeeze as much water from the soya chunks using your hands and set aside.
- Add onion, pimento, salt, black pepper, 1/2 tsp curry, green seasoning and mix well. Set aside.
- Heat oil in pot and add curry powder, masala and geera.
- Cook for a few mins on low heat until the mixture is grainy and fragrant. Add some water to the pot and continue stirring until the mixture thickens. In total this process takes no more than 1-2 mins on low heat. Be careful not to burn the curry.
- Add potatoes and some water. Mix well and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes covered.
- Add seasoned soya chunks and mix well. Add 1/2 cup of water and cook for 2 mins. Add coconut powder to 3/4 cup of water and add to the pot. Cover and cook for 10 mins.
- Remove cover, add more water if necessary and cook until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- TIME TO EAT!
Adding coconut milk to curries enhances the richness and flavours. I guarantee your family will love this dish. I hope you give the recipe a try and send me some feedback.
Check out the video here:
Thanks so much for stopping by! Be sure to follow me on Instagram to keep up with all of my daily food adventures.