My hubby really enjoys tofu so I decided to whip up some tofu and veg stir fry for him today. This is a very simple and easy veggie dish (exclude the oyster sauce from this recipe) that you will be sure to enjoy.
The crunchiness of the vegetables with the tender tofu make the perfect combo!
Here is my recipe:
- 1/2 lb tofu, cut into pieces
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 pimento, thinly sliced
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup green pepper, sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp JGM PRODUCTS Chinese seasoning
- 1/2 tsp JGM PRODUCTS five spice powder
- 122 g tofu, cut into small pieces (1/2 of the regular package)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Combine oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, water and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in pan over medium heat.
- Add each piece of tofu and cook until brown on each side.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan. Add the onions, garlic and pimento once hot and cook until onions are tender.
- Add all the chopped veggies. Cover the pan and cook for 2-3 mins (can be longer if you prefer less crunch in your vegetables).
- Add stir fry sauce (step 1) to the veggies followed by the Chinese seasoning, five spice and corn starch.
- Mix well to coat all the veggies. Cook on low heat for 1-2 mins then add the tofu and mix well to ensure all the tofu pieces are coated properly.
- TIME TO EAT!!!
I like the flavour oyster sauce gives to a dish but for a full veggie dish, you can eliminate this sauce. You can use just about any vegetable you like for this recipe. Usually for stir fry dishes though I prefer to stick to the ones I used.
Check out the video here: