Any spicy food lovers out there? Any vegetarians out there? Here’s a perfect spicy vegetarian dish for you! Pepper soya chunks is one of the easiest veggie dishes to make and can be done within 30 minutes or less.
- 1 cup Soya chunks
- 1 small onion, cut into chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 pimento, finely chopped
- 1 hot pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, sliced in circles
- 1/2 cup green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp JGM PRODUCTS Chinese seasoning
- 1/2 tsp JGM PRODUCTS garlic powder
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Soak soya chunks in water for 10-20 mins.
- Squeeze all excess water from the soya chunks and set aside.
- Heat oil in pot over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic, pimento and hot pepper. Cook for less than a minute, stirring constantly. Add water if necessary to prevent sticking and/or burning.
- Add ketchup and water. Mix well.
- Add soya chunks followed by the carrots, sweet peppers, garlic powder, corn starch, chinese seasoning, sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Cover pot and cook for 3-4 mins.
- TIME TO EAT!
…..YUPS!!! It is this easy and quick to put together this dish!
Although I used only 1 pepper, the amount you use will depend on the spice level of the pepper. If you really want a spicy dish, you can taste it while cooking and add cayenne pepper if the raw pepper is not hot enough or add more raw pepper.
Be sure to soak the soya chunks and squeeze the excess water from them prior to use. If you happen to forget that you left them soaking don’t worry, they will not get soggy.
Check out the video here:
Thanks so much for stopping by and be sure to follow me on Instagram