Chow is a very popular ‘snack’ in Trinidad that’s made using a fruit (mango, orange etc), hot pepper, garlic, chadon beni, salt and black pepper. Some other common ingredients include lime/lemon juice, ketchup and sugar.
Here is my Pineapple Chow ingredients:
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cut into pieces
- 12 chadon beni leaves, finely chopped
- 1 hot pepper (can be adjusted), finely chopped
- 4-5 cloves garlic, grated
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients above and mix well. You can set it aside for a few hours to marinate or you can eat it immediately.
Some common fruits used to make chow in Trinidad include mango, pommecythere, plum, strawberries, apples. oranges.
Check out the video here: