Chicken paste is an EXCELLENT filling for wraps or croissants/puffs and even on toasted bread. The basic ingredients include minced chicken, mayo, salt and pepper. I prefer to include some ‘trini’ flavors to it by adding some chadon beni (culantro), pimento, garlic and JGM PRODUCTS all purpose seasoning.
- 10 chicken thighs, cleaned
- 15 chadon beni leaves (can be adjusted)
- 1 large pimento
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp JGM PRODUCTS all purpose seasoning
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups mayo
- Add chicken thighs to a pot with boiling water. Allow the chicken to fully cook through.
- Once properly cooked, remove from the water and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, remove the meat from each piece of thigh and place in a food processor.
- Add chadon beni, pimento, garlic and all purpose seasoning.
- Pulse until there are no chunks of any ingredients left in the food processor.
- Add mayo and process until you have a nice smooth paste.
- Spread on toast or use as a filling for wraps.
- TIME TO EAT!
This is a great recipe for you to try and have available for breakfast/brunch or as a quick snack. You can place any extras in an air tight container and refrigerate for 2-3 days. It’s an excellent idea for you ‘on to go’ folks!
You can use chicken breasts if you prefer. I use the thighs in most cases as they tend to be cheaper than the breasts. You can also use light mayo to give it a healthy twist and add any vegetable you wish. Sometimes I add red onions, sweet peppers. cabbage to the chicken pasta which adds another texture to each bite you take!
Check out the video here:
I hope you guys try this recipe and be sure to send me some feedback.
Thanks so much for stopping by! 🙂
2 Comments Add yours
Good recipe, but I think when you roast the chicken in the oven, you get a much more moist, flavorful chicken salad.
LikeLiked by 1 person
thanks! I’ve actually never tried that way but will sure give it a try…it sounds good! Thanks much.