Kachorie is a fried street food in Trinidad which consists of split peas and chick peas (channa). It’s typically enjoyed with chutney (sweet/peppery sauce).
- 1 cup dried split peas (soaked)
- 1 cup split peas (soaked)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1-2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp saffron powder
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/2 cup green seasoning (or as much as you like)
- salt to taste
- oil for frying
- Using a food processor, crush split peas and chick peas.
- Combine all ingredients listed above (except oil)
- Using your hands, form flattened circles and fry in oil.
See video below: