Eid is quickly approaching again! Sweets are MUST haves around Eid time. Coconut barfi is very similar to regular barfi but with coconut added to it.
- 1 1/2 cups powdered milk
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup Nestle Cream (blue tin…not to be confused with condensed milk)
- 1/4 tsp elychee
- 1/2 tsp JGM Products ginger powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Add cream to powdered milk. Using your hands, mix well to ensure the cream is properly incorporated throughout the powdered milk. It should not be wet at this point.
- Add to a food processor. Process until the mixture turns to fine crumbs. Add to a bowl.
- Add the elychee, ginger powder and desiccated/shredded coconut to the milk mixture. Mix well to ensure all ingredients are properly incorporated.
- Add sugar and water to a pot over low/medium heat. Bring to a boil until the mixture gets sticky. Be very careful in this step. The mixture should not be too liquid and it should not get to the point of threading.
- Pour the sugar mixture into the bowl with the powdered milk mixture. Use a spoon to combine them.
- Using your hands (be careful as the sugar mixture will be hot) form small smooth balls. Take a piece of cherry and press it into the center of each ball (see pic below to see how they should look)
- Let them rest for a bit to set or you can enjoy them immediately after making.
NOTE: you can use shredded coconut as well but ensure that its finely crushed up. Chunks of the coconut makes it a little difficult when forming them into shape.
Check out the video here:
2 Comments Add yours