Sweet Rice! What can I say about this dish apart from that it is AMAZING! It’s an Indian sweet that is popular during Divali and Eid. It’s white rice that’s simmered in evaporated milk and condensed milk.
YIELD: 6-7 servings (more or less depending on your serving size)
- 1 cup jasmine rice or white rice, washed and drained
- 1 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 4-5 cups water (can be more or less)
- 2 JGM Products Cinnamon Sticks
- 6-8 JGM Products Whole Clove
- Chopped Almonds
- Add cinnamon sticks and whole cloves to the water in a pot. Bring to a boil.
- Add rice to the pot. Cook until soft and most of the water has been reduced.
- Add essence, whole milk and evaporated milk. Cook on low/medium heat until most of the milk has been absorbed. Keep stirring to prevent the rice from sticking.
- Add condensed milk. Stir constantly and cook until the mixture thickens and gets to a sticky consistency.
- Stir in raisins, almonds and cherries.
- ENJOY your sweet rice!
- You can use all evaporated milk if you like or you can adjust the evaporated milk to whole milk ratio used (e.g. more whole milk than evaporated milk or equal parts).
- The condensed milk measurement can be adjusted as well depending on your sweetness level tolerance.
- You can also use sugar instead of the condensed milk but I personally prefer the richness of the condensed milk.
- The amount of clove and cinnamon used can also be adjusted to your preference.
- I like my sweet rice plain so I don’t add the cherries etc but that’s all up to you!
Check out there video here: