Weekend breakfast spread for me should ideally include some sausages! Eggs, sausages and some pancakes would be one of my favorite breakfast combos.
In Trinidad I would say it is safe to say that we use the words ‘sausage’ and ‘hot dogs’ interchangeably so in this recipe I am actually using hot dogs.
- 4 hot dogs, cut up into horizontal slices
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pimento, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green peppers
- Grated carrots (as much as you like)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp ketchup (or more)
- 1/4 tsp JGM Products cajun seasoning
- 1/4 tsp JGM Products cayenne pepper
- Melt butter in a pan over low/medium heat
- Add all veggies. Cook for 1-2 mins or until veggies are tender.
- Add ketchup. Stir well.
- Add sliced hot dogs and stir well to ensure all pieces are properly coated with the ketchup.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- TIME TO ENJOY!
Check out the video here: