Corned Beef or Bully Beef has always been a favorite of mine. It was one of the first things I ever cooked with my dad many years ago. Peppery corned beef with rice is my absolute comfort food. In this recipe I’ll be making corned beef but curry corned beef!
- 1 tin corned beef
- 1 large potato (or 2 medium), peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 pimento, sliced
- Hot pepper (as much as you like)
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp green seasoning
- 1 tbsp JGM Products hot hot curry
- 1/2 tsp JGM Products roasted geera (or as much as you like)
- 1 tbsp coconut or vegetable oil
- water as needed
- Heat oil in a pot over low/medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic, pimento and hot pepper. Cook until the onions are tender.
- Add curry powder. In this step, you want to ‘toast’ the curry. Keep stirring and allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Add water and continue cooking until the mixture thickens.
- Add cubed potatoes. Mix well to coat all pieces with the curry. Add enough water to cover the potatoes.
- Increase the heat to medium and cook until potatoes are tender. Add more water if necessary.
- Add green seasoning and corned beef. Mix well. Cook until most of the liquid in the pot has evaporated.
- To finish off, add roasted geera. Stir.
- Enjoy with some rice!
This quick and easy budget friendly meal is a must try if you have never had it.